ABOUT Zara Anne Bourgeois
A homeopath, free thinker, avid researcher, passionate seeker of truth and knowledge in their pure unrefined form. My unquenchable thirst for exploring the nature of all things and beings is a perpetual engine fuelled by immense curiosity and desire to help and alleviate the ails of those who seek my service.
I have been involved with Homeopathy since 2003 as a result of a long journey and extensive research in attempt to find answers and help out a family member suffering with chronic ill health, which failed to respond to the conventional medical treatments.
This lead me to enrolment in a 4-year formal training with the British Institute of Homeopathy where I received a Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and the credentials DIHom(pact.). My tireless curiousity lead me further to deepen and expand my knowledge and training by studying with such great contemporary teachers as Dr. Luc DeSchepper, Karen Allen and recently with Willa Keizer, Director of the Caduceus Institute of Homeopathy.
My love for Homeopathy has been inspired by our great Masters and noble minds of yore: Dr. James Compton Burnett, one of the most skilled homeopathic physicians who left a great legacy of wisdom and a trail for all homeopaths to learn from his immense clinical experience. I have profound admiration and respect for the invaluable works of Paracelsus, Rademacher, Grimmer, Kent, Hering, Nash, Lippe, Von Grauvogl, Minton and many more, who had a significant influence and shaped me as a stout homeopathic disciple. I express deep interest in the old hidden wisdom of the ancient Spagyric medicine and Alchemy.
My homeopathic practice is currently based in Edmonton, Alberta, where I work out of my lovely home office.
I am fully certified with the CHC (Council for Homeopathic Certification). After passing the board examination I have been granted the “CCH (Certified Classical Homeopath)” credentials as the highest recognition of professional achievement in the field of Homeopathic Medicine.
I am passionate about the development of unified standards in homeopathic education and certification for all students and practitioners of Homeopathy. It is my vision that this is an essential step in restoring Homeopathy as a mainstream healing modality as well as raising public awareness about its safety and efficacy.
I hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Earth Sciences/Geology from Sofia University “St.Kliment Ohridski”, Bulgaria with major interests in Mineralogy, Crystallography, Crystallochemistry and Thermodynamics and experimental modelling of natural processes.
My formal training in Homeopathic medicine and Alternative therapies includes the following schools:
- British Institute of Homeopathy (BIH) Practitioner level Diploma and the credentials DIHom(pact.)
- BIH Human Anatomy and Physiology; Pathology and the nature of disease and Differential diagnosis courses
- Dominion Herbal College Diploma in Herbal Medicine and the credentials Chartered Herbalist
- Renaissance Institute for Classical Homeopathy under the tutelage of Dr.Luc DeSchepper,MD
- Caduceus Institute of Classical Homeopathy under the guidance of Willa Keizer, CCH
- Organ therapeutics course track by Karen Allen, CCH:
- Triad of Liver/Uterus/Thyroid
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Women’s and Men’s Reproductive health course track by Karen Allen, CCH:
- Menstrual pain and irregularity
- Bacterial Vaginosis and Leucorrhea
- Endocrine overview and repair
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Fibroids intensive
- Cervical dysplasia, Carcinoma-in-situ and HPV
- Breast trauma and disease
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Chlamydia: disease, sequelae, miasma and Materia Medica
- Men’s sexual and reproductive health
- Mononucleosis:more than a sore throat
- Candida overview
- Introduction to Gemmotherapy
- Introduction to Gemmotherapy course taught by Dr. Robin DiPasquale, ND, RH (AHG)
I am a devoted researcher and critical thinker constantly seeking to enrich my expertise and experience by attending seminars and various courses taught by leading homeopathic teachers and clinicians. I am determined to continuously attain and maintain the highest degrees of excellence in my profession as a personal commitment to all of you who seek my advice and help in achieving health and well-being.